Divested Computing Group is an umbrella for passion projects by myself, Tad, since 2014.
I devote a significant amount of my time and resources to FOSS and operate independently of any organization or company. I have been without any consistent source of income since May of 2020.
Your donation here will support the following:
- Motivation to continue the free-and-open-source Divested projects
- Providing timely responses to user messages and issues
- Covering my monthly living expenses such as rent, utilities, and groceries.
- Web server costs, currently $60 a year
- Chat server costs, currently $60 a year
- Domain name costs, currently $73.29 a year
- Electricity costs, currently averaging $60 a year for compiles alone
- Computing hardware costs:
- CPU: Ryzen 5900X and Noctua NH-D15S for $700 in June 2021
- RAM: 32GB in January 2020 for $180, and 32GB more for $136 in January 2022
- Drives: Intel S3710 800GB in January 2020 for $150
- Drives: Intel S3710 1.2TB in January 2022 for $160
- Acquiring test devices for DivestOS, ranging between $50 and $300+
- last device: OnePlus 6T for $107 in September 2021
- My six attempts to acquire a Pixel have all not been bootloader unlockable
- I would like to make available at least one extra mirror server, a Gitea instance or sourcehut organization, and potentially a forum site.
- Occasional contributions to various related community projects (examples here or here)
Project Time Spent Occurence DivestOS Device Builds 3 days Monthly DivestOS CVE Work 1-2 hours Weekly Mull 2-6 hours Every Firefox update Mulch 2-4 hours Every Chromium update Divested-WRT 1 hour Weekly Hypatia Databases 15 minutes Weekly DNS Blocklists 15 minutes Weekly Server Maintenance 1 hour Monthly
Via Stripe (bank card)¶
Thank you for your contribution!
Total Count (2022): donations 11, net $308
Total Count (2021): donations 8, net $81
Total Count (2022): donations 20, gross $530.36
Total Count (2021): donations 8, gross $132.89
Please be careful with Liberapay, the page and wording can be very unintuitive and potentially charge more then you wanted. Do not hesistate to reach out to them or me if it does.
Total Count (2021): donations 1, gross 0.141XMR